On this page we will list different methods on how to migrate from local to Templ.
Migrate with Duplicator
There are a few more steps to migrating a site with Duplicator from a local environment than from a live environment.
The trick here is to upload the Duplicator archive where a direct download is possible. In other words, Dropbox and Google Drive and similar services require the user to click "Download now"-button or similar which will not work with our Import feature.
- Follow our Phase 1 of our Duplicator guide and create your archive.zip file of your locally developed WordPress site.
- Set up a website in the Templ Panel if you haven't already, and create a staging site.
- Upload the Duplicator archive.zip file to the STAGING SITE with SFTP.
You should now have a file that you can import to the main website from your staging website. The link should look similar to this:
- Follow our guide on how to Import a website with Duplicator.
- Paste the link to the file and start the import.
Alternatives to Duplicator
- Migrate manually by uploading the WordPress files and database.
- Let us migrate for you. All we need is access to a zip file with the WordPress files and database, then we can take care of the rest from there.
Message us at any time if you need migration assistance.