If you need to give someone else access to your WordPress admin or if you want to let some else contribute to your blog, you can create a new user for them so they can login to WordPress admin with their own account, and not use yours.
Adding a new user to your WordPress website:
Step 1: Login to your WordPress admin and navigate to Users in the left panel, and then click Add New
Step 2: Fill in the necessary information, only username and email is required, but you can fill out more information if you want to.
Important: Make sure Send User Notification is checked, then you don't have to send the details manually.
You must also choose the appropriate Role for the user you are creating. Below is a list of all roles and their capabilities.
- Administrator: somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single website.
- Editor: somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author: somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor: somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber: somebody who can only manage their profile.
When you have filled out all the information and given an appropriate role to the user, simply click Add New User to finish.
Migrating your website to Templ?
If you want to migrate your website to Templ, or for some other reason want to give us access to your website, simply fill out the information and shown below:
And then click Add New User.
You can get in touch with us to make sure that we have received the details.